Search Posts | Post Here
Services Offered in San Antonio, TX 78249

Green Card Adjustment Of Status Helps With Overstayed Visa

Location: San Antonio, TX 78249
Posted: Wed. Nov 8
Imagine this scenario: You arrived in the United States on a temporary foreign worker Visa. You’re excited to explore new opportunities to build a better life. However, time flew by, and before you knew it, your Visa had expired. It leaves you in an uncertain and stressful situation—the fear of consequences for overstaying looms large. However, there is a glimmer of hope – a Green Card through an adjustment of status application (AOS).

Understanding An Overstayed Visa
Having an overstayed Visa in the United States refers to a situation where an individual remains in the country beyond the expiration date specified on their Visa document. Doing so violates the terms and conditions of their authorized stay. Visa overstays can lead to various legal consequences, including deportation, bans on reentry, and difficulties with future Visa applications. Here are several instances of Visa overstays in the United States:
Tourist or Visitor Visa Overstay: When someone enters the United States on a tourist (B-2) or visitor (B-1) Visa and stays beyond the permitted duration, usually six months.
Student Visa Overstay: Individuals with Student Visas (F-1 or M-1) must maintain full-time student status and adhere to specific academic timelines. An overstaying student might fail to attend classes or complete their program within the authorized duration.
Work Visa Overstay: Those who come to the United States on work-related Visas, such as H-1B, L-1, or O-1, are expected to leave when their employment or work-related activities end. Overstaying in this context often occurs when the Visa holder continues working or residing in the country after their Visa expires.
Overstaying a Visa is a serious matter and can have long-lasting consequences. Individuals with expired Visas must seek legal counsel or explore options for rectifying their immigration status. Adjustment of status is one of the ways they can avoid more severe penalties like deportation or a bar on reentry.

Seek The Help Of An Immigration Attorney
Seeking the assistance of an immigration attorney when facing an overstayed Visa is highly advisable. These legal professionals possess in-depth knowledge of the intricacies of immigration law and the adjustment of status process, which is crucial for a successful outcome. They can assess your unique circumstances and navigate complex paperwork. Additionally, they offer guidance on meeting eligibility criteria, handling potential issues like Visa overstays, and ensuring all documentation is in order. An experienced Green Card lawyer has the skills and knowledge to help you make informed decisions and reduce the risk of costly mistakes. They can also increase your chances of a favorable resolution, ultimately providing peace of mind during a challenging process.

Lozano Law Firm
5718 University Heights Blvd #104,
San Antonio, TX 78249
(210) 899-2290
Contact: Expired
View Phone
Send an Email